Friday, September 3, 2010

AZ BlogHop - A Cooking Tip

With the electric bills so high this time of year to keep our homes cool, turning on the stove can be somewhat of a challenge for some.  (ME!)  I am always looking for ways to eat a nice meal with my family but use as little electricity as possible.

Luckily a former Arizonian and current NY blog writer (Precious) has shared some wonderful money-saving tips to keep the electric bills low and the kitchen cool during these summer months.  I'd like to share one with you that I have used and it has changed the way I will forever cook pasta!!

- When I am cooking rice or pasta where water or ingredients have to be brought to a boil and then simmered, I bring to a boil, cover the pot, turn off the heat and just let it sit the required 15-20 minutes to finish cooking. Perfect rice or pasta every time.  - Precious @ Frugal Makes Cents

By following her tip, this is by far the best my spaghetti has ever turned out!!  It is definitely a WIN (yum) - WIN (save)!!  So the next time you are making spaghetti, give this a try.  Leave me a comment and let me know how yours turned out too!